Requirements on PDF Version
This section describes some general requirements on PDF document.
If you want your book to be published as a printable document, you need to present it as a PDF document.
Here are some general requirements on PDF documents:
- One book will be presented in a single PDF document.
- The first page will be a cover with book title, author and copyright information.
- A table of contents is required. It should give a list of chapters and sections with page number references.
- All entries in the table of contents should be hyper links pointing to individual chapters and sections. This is a great navigation help for people viewing your book electronically instead of on printed papers.
- All external Web site hyper links should be maintained.
- Each chapter should be started on new pages.
- The PDF document will be designed for 11 x 8.5 inches papers in portrait format.
- A header and footer should be presented on each page to give book title, author, version, and page number information.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Ideas on Publishing Books using XML
Overview of hyPub - A Simple XML Publishing Tool
Writing Book Contents in XHTML Source Files
Transforming Book Source Files with XSL Technology
Designing Web Page Layouts with Tables
Controlling Web Page Appearance with CSS
Generating Web Pages with hyPub
Formatting Printable Documents with XSL-FO
►Generating PDF Documents with hyPub
►Requirements on PDF Version
PDF Documents Generation Steps
PDF Document Generation with hyPub Perl Programs
hyPub Sample PDF Documents and Source Code
Areas of Future Improvements
Full Version in PDF/ePUB