About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - XSD Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Title: XSD Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Herong Yang -
Contact by email via email@example.com.
Category: COMPUTERS / Programming Languages / XML
Version/Edition: v5.22, 2022
Number of pages in PDF format: 430
This book is a collection of tutorial examples and notes written by the author while he was learning XSD (XML Schema Definition).
XSD (XML Schema Definition) specification and processors;
JAXP (Java API for XML Processing) API;
XSD Schema XML DOM/SAX validators;
Using Xerces2 Java Parser API;
XSD Built-in Datatypes: string, normalizedString, token, integer, long, int, short, byte,
gYear, gMonth, gDay, gYearMonth, gMonthDay, duration, yearMonthDuration, dayTimeDuration, atomic, list, union;
simpleContent and complexType;
unique, key and keyref identity constraints;
assert and assertion validation rules;
Schema Component Reuse - include, redefine or import.
Updated in 2022 (Version v5.22) with minor changes.
Keywords: Tutorial, Example, XML, Schema, XSD, Language, Validation
- This book is under Copyright Copyright © 2002-2022 Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- Code examples are provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
- Version 5.22, 2022. Minor corrections.
- Version 5.10, 2018. Added tutorials on Xerces2.
- Version 5.00, 2013. Updated with XSD 1.1.
Web version: https://www.herongyang.com/XSD -
Provides free sample chapters, latest updates and readers' comments.
The Web version of this book has been viewed a total of:
- 1,494,960 times as of December 2021.
- 1,393,520 times as of December 2020.
- 1,298,854 times as of December 2019.
- 1,215,414 times as of December 2018.
- 1,099,892 times as of December 2017.
- 1,026,197 times as of December 2016.
- 928,885 times as of December 2015.
- 795,039 times as of December 2014.
- 635,598 times as of December 2013.
- 515,680 times as of December 2012.
- 391,478 times as of December 2011.
- 254,701 times as of December 2010.
- 156,295 times as of December 2009.
- 63,154 times as of December 2008.
PDF/EPUB version: https://www.herongyang.com/XSD/PDF-Full-Version.html -
Provides information on how to obtain the full version of this book in PDF, EPUB, or other format.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Introduction to XML Schema
XML Editor and Schema Processor - XMLPad
Java API for XML Processing - JAXP
JAXP - XML Schema (XSD) Validation
Xerces2 Java Parser - Java API of XML Parsers
Using Xerces2 Java APIs
XML Schema Language - Basics
Introduction of XSD Built-in Datatypes
"string" and Its Derived Datatypes
"decimal" and Its Derived Datatypes
"dateTime" and Its Related Datatypes
Miscellaneous Built-in Datatypes
Facets, Constraining Facets and Restriction Datatypes
"simpleType" - Defining Your Own Simple Datatypes
Complex Element Declaration
Identity-Constraints: unique, key and keyref
Assertion as Custom Validation Rules
XML Schema Location and Namespace in XML Documents
Overriding Element Types in XML Documents
Linking Multiple Schema Documents Together
Full Version in PDF/EPUB