Windows Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v5.62, by Dr. Herong Yang
Adding Chinese Text
This section provides a tutorial example on how to add Chinese text with SimHei font into an image and save it in GIF format.
In order to make the image more interesting, I want to add a Chinese text to my peace image with GIMP.
1. Open the image GIMP-GIF-Peace.jpg with GIMP.
2. Select the Text tool from the Toolbox panel. In the "Text" options area, change the font to "SimHei" of 40 px and change the color to orange.
3. Click on the image. The "GIMP Text Editor" dialog box shows up. Enter the Chinese text of "PEACE", 和平, and click Close.
4. Use the mouse to adjust the position of the text on the image.
5. Click menu File > Save to save the updated image with the same name, GIMP_Peace.gif, and same format, GIF.
Table of Contents