JSP Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v5.11, by Herong Yang
My First HTML Page on CentOS
This section provides a tutorial example on how to create the first Web page with HTML code to test the Tomcat Web server on a CentOS system.
Now I am ready to create my first Web page written as an HTML file on the Tomcat server on my local CentOS system.
1. Create a text file called hello.html with the following HTML code:
2. Create a new Web application directory on the Tomcat server. Make sure that it has "read" permission for all users. No need to restart the Tomcat server. It will automatically load it.
# mkdir /usr/share/tomcat/webapps/herong
3. Save the HTML file to the application directory. Make sure that it has "read" permission for all users.
# cp hello.html /usr/share/tomcat/webapps/herong/hello.html
4. Run a Web browser with this URL: http://localhost:8080/herong/hello.html. You should see the "Hello world!" message in the browser.
5. If the hello HTML page is not showing up, check the log file. You should see some errors.
# tail /usr/share/tomcat/logs/catalina.out
Table of Contents