Using Connection Pool with JDBC
This chapter provides tutorial examples on JDBC connection pooling. Topics include introduction to database connection pool; examples of using DBCP and C3P0 Java libraries.
What Is Database Connection Pool
Commons DBCP for Connection Pooling
Connection Pooling with Commons DBCP BasicDataSource
Connection Pooling with Commons DBCP PoolingDriver
C3P0 for Connection Pooling
Connection Pooling with C3P0 ComboPooledDataSource
Connection Pooling with C3P0 DataSources
- Database Connection Pool manages
a set of JDBC connection objects to be reused to avoid
repeated connection opening and closing operations.
- Commons DBCP is a popular open source JDBC database connection pool library developed by Apache.
- The easiest way to use Commons DBCP library for connection pooling is to use the
- C3P0 is a mature and highly concurrent JDBC Connection pooling library
developed by Steve Waldman.
- The easiest way to use C3P0 library for connection pooling is to use the
Table of Contents
About This Book
JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) Introduction
JDK (Java SE) Installation
Installing and Running Java DB - Derby
Derby (Java DB) JDBC Driver
Derby (Java DB) JDBC DataSource Objects
Java DB (Derby) - DML Statements
Java DB (Derby) - ResultSet Objects of Queries
Java DB (Derby) - PreparedStatement
Summary of JDBC Drivers and Database Servers
►Using Connection Pool with JDBC
Full Version in PDF/EPUB