C# Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v3.31, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Installing .NET Framework 2.0 SDK
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, which can be used as the programming environment for C# language.
The best environment to do C# programming at this time is Microsoft's .NET Framework 2.0 SDK. It is freely available from Microsoft Web site. You can follow these steps to download and install .NET Framework 2.0 SDK:
1. Go to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa731542.aspx.
2. Click "Download .NET Framework 2.0 SDK x86 version" link in the ".NET Framework 2.0 SDK" section. The ".NET Framework 2.0 Software Development Kit (SDK) (x86)" page shows up.
3. Click the "Download" button next to "File Name: setup.exe; Size: 354.0MB". Save the file to "C:\temp\setup.exe". The file size is large. The download will some time to finish.
4. Double click the downloaded "C:\temp\setup.exe". The "Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SDK Setup" window shows up.
5. Click "Next" and follow setup instructions to finish the installation.
6. Open a command window and try the C Sharp compiler:
C:\herong>\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe Microsoft (R) Visual C# 2005 Compiler version 8.00.50727.3053 for Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 2005 Framework version 2.0.50727 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2001-2005. All rights reserved. fatal error CS2008: No inputs specified
Cool. .NET Framework 2.0 SDK is installed correctly. To avoid typing the full path name, you can put the following path in the PATH environment variable:
Table of Contents