Installing WMHelp XMLPad Pro
This section describes what is XMLPad and how to install and run XMLPad.
What is XMLPad?
XMLPad is a freeware XML editor with ability
to edit XML, DTD, XSD, and other XML related documents. XMLPad also perform DTD validation,
XML Schema (XSD) validation, XSLT transformation.
The current version XMLPad Pro 3.0 has the following nice features:
- XML Schema full support.
- New and improved look & feel.
- Project system with CVS support.
- XML Schema editor with color syntax highlighting, line numbers, element range navigation, and context-dependent source assistant wizard.
- Preview and printing XML Schema in graphical diagram window. The diagram is synchronized with XML Schema editor.
- XML Schema documentation generation (ws3p.xsl) with diagram images.
- XML Schema validation and XML files validation against the underlying XML Schemas.
- Very big schemas (such as uccnet or xCBL35) use XML Schema binary cache in their implementation that mitigated
performance issues in validation and analysis. Every schema used in validation is compiled in binary format
on first use and later could be loaded from cache.
- Generation of XML samples from XML schema or a sample of XML Schema from XML file. Converting XSD to DTD and DTD to XSD.
- Schema component renaming (refactoring), navigation between schema components (Goto definition/Goto reference)
and navigation from XML data to appropriate schema component.
- Regular expression builder and enumeration builder.
- Schema-aware XSLT editor and debugger with Active script support.
- Support for JAXB and Castor binding.
- HTML & DBF import.
Here is what I did to install WMHelp XMLPad Pro 3:
1. Go to http://www.wmhelp.com/, and download XMLPad3.
The download file, XmlPad3.zip, is 10,570,670 bytes.
2. Save the downloaded file, XmlPad3.zip, to \temp directory.
3. Unzip, XmlPad3.zip. The setup file, setup.exe, shows up as \temp\setup.exe.
4. Double click \temp\setup.exe. The installation wizard shows up.
5. Follow the instruction provided by the wizard to finish the installation.
6. Run XMLPad from Start > All Programs > WMHelp XMLPad > XMLPad. The XMLPad main window shows up:
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to XML Schema
►XML Editor and Schema Processor - XMLPad
►Installing WMHelp XMLPad Pro
Creating and Editing XML Documents
Creating and Editing XML Schema Documents
Assigning XML Schema to XML Documents
Validating XML Documents with Assigned XSD
Validating Non-Conforming XML Documents
XMLPad Crash When Validating Non-Conforming XML Documents
Generating XML Schema Diagrams
Generating XML Schema Documentations
Java API for XML Processing - JAXP
JAXP - XML Schema (XSD) Validation
Xerces2 Java Parser - Java API of XML Parsers
Using Xerces2 Java API
XML Schema Language - Basics
Introduction of XSD Built-in Datatypes
"string" and Its Derived Datatypes
"decimal" and Its Derived Datatypes
"dateTime" and Its Related Datatypes
Miscellaneous Built-in Datatypes
Facets, Constraining Facets and Restriction Datatypes
"simpleType" - Defining Your Own Simple Datatypes
Complex Element Declaration
Identity-Constraints: unique, key and keyref
Assertion as Custom Validation Rules
XML Schema Location and Namespace in XML Documents
Overriding Element Types in XML Documents
Linking Multiple Schema Documents Together
PDF Printing Version