What Is XML Notepad?
This section describes XML Notepad, which is an XML file editor developed by Microsoft and offered as an open source freeware.
What Is XML Notepad?
XML NotePad is an XML file editor developed by Microsoft and offered as an open source freeware.
The latest version is XML Notepad 2007, which supports the following features:
- Tree View synchronized with Node Text View for quick editing of node names and values.
- Incremental search (Ctrl+I) in both tree and text views, so as you type it navigates to matching nodes.
- Cut/copy/paste with full namespace support.
- Drag/drop support for easy manipulation of the tree, even across different instances of XML Notepad and from the file system.
- Infinite undo/redo for all edit operations.
- In place popup multi-line editing of large text node values.
- Configurable fonts and colors via the options dialog.
- Full find/replace dialog with support for regex and XPath.
- Good performance on large XML documents, loading a 3mb document in about one second.
- Instant XML schema validation while you edit with errors and warnings shown in the task list window.
- IntelliSense based on expected elements and attributes and enumerated simple type values.
- Support for custom editors for date, dateTime and time datatypes and other types like color.
- Handy nudge tool bar buttons for quick movement of nodes up and down the tree.
- Inplace HTML viewer for processing <?xml-stylesheets> instructions.
- Built-in XML Diff tool.
- Support for XInclude.
- Dynamic help from XSD annotations.
- Goto definition to navigate includes and XSD schema information.
XML Notepad 2007 Website for more information.
Last update: 2013.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of XML (eXtensible Markup Language)
XML File Syntax
XML File Browsers
DOM (Document Object Model) Programming Interface
SAX (Simple API for XML) Programming Interface
DTD (Document Type Definition) Introduction
Syntaxes of DTD Statements
Validating an XML Document against the Specified DTD Document Type
XSD (XML Schema Definition) Introduction
Syntaxes of XSD Statements
Validating XML Documents Against Specified XML Schemas
XSL (Extensible Stylesheet Language) Introduction
XSLT (XSL Transformations) Introduction
Java Implementation of XSLT
XPath (XML Path) Language
XSLT Elements as Programming Statements
Control and Generate XML Element in the Result
►XML Notepad - XML Editor
►What Is XML Notepad?
Downloading and Installing XML Notepad
Creating XML Documents in Tree View
Viewing XML Documents in Source Code
Converting XML in Pretty Print Format
XSD Validation and Error List
XSLT Transformation and HTML View
XML Tools Plugin for Notepad++
XML 1.1 Changes and Parsing Examples
PDF Printing Version