"service" - Service Definition Element
This section describes 'service', a definition element that defines a service as one or multiple ports. A port defines a binding to a communication address.
"service" is a top level element of a WSDL 1.1 document.
"service" is used to define a service with one or multiple ports with "port" sub elements.
A port is defined with a given binding and a communication address with a WSDL extension.
The syntax of "service" looks like this:
<wsdl:port name="nmtoken2" binding="qname">
... extensibility elements from WSDL 1.1 extension ...
Notes on the "service" element:
- name="nmtoken1" - Provides a reference name to this service.
- name="nmtoken2" - Provides a reference name to this port.
- binding="qname" - Specifies a binding by referring to a "binding" element.
- Extensibility elements from WSDL 1.1 extensions are used to provide the address where to access the Web service.
Here is an example of "service" element:
<wsdl:port name="helloPort" binding="hy:helloBinding">
In this example,
- Service, helloService, is defined with one port, helloPort,
- Port, helloPort, is defined to provide an address for the binding, helloBinding.
- This port uses the WSDL SOAP extension to specify the communication address.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to WSDL 2.0
WSDL 2.0 Document Structure and Syntax
WSDL Version 2.0 Part 2: Adjuncts
WSDL 2.0 Document Examples with SOAP Binding
Using WSDL Document in Java Apache Axis2/Java for WSDL
Apache Woden for WSDL Documents in Java
SoapUI - Web Service Testing Tool
PHP SOAP Extension for WSDL
Perl SOAP::Lite for WSDL
Introduction to WSDL 1.1
►WSDL 1.1 Document Structure and Syntax
Overview of WSDL 1.1 Document Structure
"definitions" - The Root Element
"types" - The Container Element for Data Types
"message" - Message Type Definition Element
"portType" - Port Type Definition Element
"binding" - Binding Definition Element
►"service" - Service Definition Element
WSDL 1.1 Binding Extension for SOAP 1.1
SoapUI as WSDL 1.1 Testing Tool
WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.1 Examples - Document and RPC Styles
PHP SOAP Extension for WSDL 1.1
Perl SOAP::Lite for WSDL 1.1
Apache Axis2/Java for WSDL 1.1
Using WSDL2Java to Generate Web Service Stub Classes
WSDL 1.1 Binding Extension for SOAP 1.2
WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 Examples - Document and RPC Styles
SOAP 1.2 Binding - PHP, Java and Perl Clients
WSDL Related Terminologies
Full Version in PDF/EPUB