"service" - Service Definition Element
This section describes 'service', a definition element that defines a service as one or multiple ports. A port defines a binding to a communication address.
"service" is a top level element of a WSDL 1.1 document.
"service" is used to define a service with one or multiple ports with "port" sub elements.
A port is defined with a given binding and a communication address with a WSDL extension.
The syntax of "service" looks like this:
<wsdl:port name="nmtoken2" binding="qname">
... extensibility elements from WSDL 1.1 extension ...
Notes on the "service" element:
- name="nmtoken1" - Provides a reference name to this service.
- name="nmtoken2" - Provides a reference name to this port.
- binding="qname" - Specifies a binding by referring to a "binding" element.
- Extensibility elements from WSDL 1.1 extensions are used to provide the address where to access the Web service.
Here is an example of "service" element:
<wsdl:port name="helloPort" binding="hy:helloBinding">
In this example,
- Service, helloService, is defined with one port, helloPort,
- Port, helloPort, is defined to provide an address for the binding, helloBinding.
- This port uses the WSDL SOAP extension to specify the communication address.
Last update: 2007.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction to WSDL 2.0
WSDL 2.0 Document Structure and Syntax
WSDL Version 2.0 Part 2: Adjuncts
WSDL 2.0 Document Examples with SOAP Binding
Using WSDL Document in Java Apache Axis2/Java for WSDL
Apache Woden for WSDL Documents in Java
SoapUI - Web Service Testing Tool
PHP SOAP Extension for WSDL
Perl SOAP::Lite for WSDL
Introduction to WSDL 1.1
►WSDL 1.1 Document Structure and Syntax
Overview of WSDL 1.1 Document Structure
"definitions" - The Root Element
"types" - The Container Element for Data Types
"message" - Message Type Definition Element
"portType" - Port Type Definition Element
"binding" - Binding Definition Element
►"service" - Service Definition Element
WSDL 1.1 Binding Extension for SOAP 1.1
SoapUI as WSDL 1.1 Testing Tool
WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.1 Examples - Document and RPC Styles
PHP SOAP Extension for WSDL 1.1
Perl SOAP::Lite for WSDL 1.1
Apache Axis2/Java for WSDL 1.1
Using WSDL2Java to Generate Web Service Stub Classes
WSDL 1.1 Binding Extension for SOAP 1.2
WSDL 1.1 and SOAP 1.2 Examples - Document and RPC Styles
SOAP 1.2 Binding - PHP, Java and Perl Clients
WSDL Related Terminologies
Full Version in PDF/EPUB