WSDL Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 2.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing Axis2/Java 1.4.1
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install Axis2/Java 1.4.1 to a Windows systems that has JDK 1.6.0 available.
Here is what I did to download and install Axis2/Java 1.4.1:
1. Go to http://ws.apache.org/axis2/ and click link in the left menu "Version 1.4.1". The Axis2/Java 1.4.1 Documentation Home page shows up.
2. Click the link "Download and Installation" in Apache Axis2 User's Guide section. The Apache Axis2 Installation Guide page shows up.
3. Click "Download" link next to "distribution packages of the Apache Axis2 1.4.1 version (latest)" in the Axis2 Distributions section. The Axis2 1.4.1 Release download page shows up.
4. Click "zip" link at the end of the "Standard Binary Distribution" row. The browser download dialog box shows up.
5. Save the download file, axis2-1.4.1-bin.zip, to C:\local folder. The size of axis2-1.4.1-bin.zip should be 20,443,297 bytes.
6. Unzip axis2-1.4.1-bin.zip to C:\local folder. Axis2 is installed at C:\local\axis2-1.4.1. Rename C:\local\axis2-1.4.1 to C:\local\axis2 to simplify the path name.
Since I am only going to use Axis2 for client side program, I don't need to integrate Axis2 with Tomcat. So my installation is done.
Let's try the command line tool wsdl2java to verify the installation.
C:\herong>\local\axis2\bin\wsdl2java The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly This environment variable is needed to run this program NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK/JRE C:\herong>\local\jdk\bin\java -version java version "1.6.0_06" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_06-b02) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b22, mixed mode, sharing) C:\herong>set JAVA_HOME=\local\jdk C:\herong>\local\axis2\bin\wsdl2java The AXIS2_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly This environment variable is needed to run this program C:\herong>set AXIS2_HOME=\local\axis2 C:\herong>\local\axis2\bin\wsdl2java Using AXIS2_HOME: \local\axis2 Using JAVA_HOME: \local\jdk Usage: WSDL2Java [options] -uri <url or path> : A url to a WSDL where [options] include: -o <path> Specify a directory path for the generated code. -a Generate async style code only (Default: off). -s Generate sync style code only (Default: off). ...
Cool. The installation seems to be ok after setting two environment variables: JAVA_HOME and AXIS2_HOME.
Last update: 2009.
Table of Contents