Scripting Runtime DLL Library Overview
This section describes the Scripting Runtime DLL library, scrrun.dll, which offers Dictionary objects to store pairs of keys and values. scrrun.dll also offers FileSystemObject objects for you to manage local file systems.
Microsoft provides a number of runtime objects through a single DLL library:
- CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary") - Returning an empty Dictionary object for you script code
to store pairs of keys and values. A Dictionary object is similar to asscociate array in Perl,
or a hash table in Java.
- CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") - Returning a FileSystemObject object
representing the file systems on the local machine.
- CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").Drives - Returning a collection of Drive objects representing
logical drives defined on the local machine.
- CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").GetFolder(path_name) - Returning a Folder object
representing the file folder of the specified path name.
- CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").GetFile(path_name) - Returning a File object
representing the file of the specified path name.
- CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject").OpenTextFile(...) - Returning a TextStream object
representing an input and output text stream channel linked to the specified file.
scrrun.dll is available for client-side scripting with IE, server-side scripting with IIS,
and shell scripting with WSH. But using FileSystemObject and related objects on the client side
with IE is restricted for security reasons.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Introduction of VBScript - Visual Basic Scripting Edition
Variant Data Type, Subtypes, and Literals
Numeric Comparison Operations and Logical Operations
String Operations - Concatenation and Comparison
Variable Declaration and Assignment Statement
Expression and Order of Operation Precedence
Statement Syntax and Statement Types
Array Data Type and Related Statements
Array References and Array Assignment Statements
Conditional Statements - "If ... Then" and "Select Case"
Loop Statements - "For", "While", and "Do"
"Function" and "Sub" Procedures
Inspecting Variables Received in Procedures
Error Handling Flag and the "Err" Object
Regular Expression Pattern Match and Replacement
►scrrun.dll - Scripting Runtime DLL Library
►Scripting Runtime DLL Library Overview
"Dictionary" Objects to Store Keys and Values
"FileSystemObject" Objects to Manage File Systems
"Drive" Objects Representing Disk Drives
"Folder" Objects Representing File Folders
"File" Objects Representing Files
"TextStream" Objects Representing File Input and Output
Creating Your Own Classes
IE Web Browser Supporting VBScript
IIS ASP Server Supporting VBScript
WSH (Windows Script Host)
PDF Printing Version