About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - Unicode Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples.
Title: Unicode Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples
Author: Dr. Herong Yang -
Contact by email via email@example.com.
Category: COMPUTERS / General
Version/Edition: v5.30, 2020
Number of pages in PDF format: 490
This Unicode tutorial book is a collection of notes and sample codes written
by the author while he was learning Unicode himself.
Character Sets and Encodings;
GB2312/GB18030 Character Set and Encodings;
JIS X0208 Character Set and Encodings;
Unicode Character Set;
Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP);
Unicode Transformation Formats (UTF);
Surrogates and Supplementary Characters;
Unicode Character Blocks;
Java Character Set and Encoding;
Java Encoding Maps, Counts and Conversion.
Updated in 2020 (Version v5.30) with Unicode 13.0.
ASCII, BMP, character set, encoding, decoding, GB, GB18030, GB2312, GBK, ISO-8859, Java, JDK, JIS, Surrogate, UTF, Unicode.
- This book is under Copyright © 2020 Dr. Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- Code examples are provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
- Version 5.30, 2020. Updated to Unicode 13.0.
- Version 5.20, 2019. Updated to Unicode 8.0.
- Version 5.00, 2009. Reformatted in hyPub format.
- Version 4.00, 2005. Added GB18030 tutorials.
- Version 3.00, 2001. Updated to Unicode 3.0.
- Version 2.00, 1997. Added GB2312 tutorials.
- Version 1.00, 1995. Started with character encoding tutorials.
Web version: http://www.herongyang.com/Unicode -
Provides free sample chapters, latest updates and readers' comments.
The Web version of this book has been viewed a total of:
- 1,552,869 times as of December 2018.
- 1,338,708 times as of December 2017.
- 1,161,476 times as of December 2016.
- 990,563 times as of December 2015.
- 778,954 times as of December 2014.
- 555,987 times as of December 2013.
- 365,209 times as of December 2012.
- 211,527 times as of December 2011.
- 116,668 times as of December 2010.
- 78,928 times as of December 2009.
PDF/EPUB version: http://www.herongyang.com/Unicode/PDF-Full-Version.html -
Provides information on how to obtain the full version of this book in PDF, EPUB, or other format.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
Character Sets and Encodings
ASCII Character Set and Encoding
GB2312 Character Set and Encoding
GB18030 Character Set and Encoding
JIS X0208 Character Set and Encodings
Unicode Character Set
UTF-8 (Unicode Transformation Format - 8-Bit)
UTF-16, UTF-16BE and UTF-16LE Encodings
UTF-32, UTF-32BE and UTF-32LE Encodings
Java Language and Unicode Characters
Character Encoding in Java
Character Set Encoding Maps
Encoding Conversion Programs for Encoded Text Files
Using Notepad as a Unicode Text Editor
Using Microsoft Word as a Unicode Text Editor
Using Microsoft Excel as a Unicode Text Editor
Unicode Code Point Blocks: 0000 - 0FFF
Unicode Code Point Blocks: 1000 - FFFF
Unicode Code Point Blocks: 10000 - 11FFF
Unicode Code Point Blocks: 12000 - 10FFFF
Full Version in PDF/EPUB