Building Chinese Web Sites using PHP - Version 2.14, by Dr. Herong Yang
Download and Install PHP 5.2.2 on Windows
This section describes how to download and install PHP 5.2.2 on Windows systems.
PHP is getting very popular now and becoming the number one scripting language to build dynamic Web sites. Here is what I did to download and install PHP 5.2.2 on my Windows system:
1. Go to the official Web site for PHP.
2. Click the "downloads" links in top menu. You will see the download page.
3. Go to the "Windows Binaries" section and click "PHP 5.2.2 zip package" to start downloading. If you see a newer version available, take that version.
4. Save the downloaded file, php-5.2.2-Win32.zip, 9,954,944 bytes, in a temporary directory.
5. Create a new directory called \local\php and unzip php-5.0.4-Win32.zip in that directory.
6. Open a command window to test the installation:
C:\>\local\php\php -version PHP 5.2.2 (cli) (built: May 2 2007 19:18:26) Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
Cool, PHP has been installed on my Windows system now.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents