Downloading and Installing JDK 10
This section describes how to download and install Java SE 1.6 Update 2 on Windows.
"jrunscript": A command line script shell included in the current version
JDK (Java Development Kit) from Oracle.com.
"jrunscript" supports both an interactive (read-eval-print) mode and a batch (-f option) mode of script execution.
but the -l option can be used to specify a different language.
without using any Web browsers. In order to try "jrunscript", you have to
have a copy of JDK installed on your machine.
Here is what I did to download and install JDK 10 on my Windows machine.
- Open the Java SE Download page with this URL:
- Click the download button next to "Java Platform (JDK) 10".
You will see a new page with a list of different download files of JDK 10.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Click the hyper link of "jdk-10.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe",
next to "Windows 390.19 MB".
- Save jdk-10.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe to a temporary directory.
- Double-click on jdk-10.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe to start the installation wizard.
- The installation wizard will guide you to finish the installation.
To test the installation, open a command window to try the java command.
If you are getting the following output, your installation was ok:
java version "10.0.1" 2018-04-17
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.3 (build 10.0.1+10, mixed mode)
Table of Contents
About This Book
Data Types, Variables and Expressions
Flow Control Statements
Creating, Accessing, and Manipulating Arrays
Defining and Calling Functions
Server-Side and Client-Side Web Scripting
Introduction to Objects
Defining Your Own Object Types
Inheritance of Properties and Methods through the Prototype Object Chain
►Downloading and Installing JDK 10
"jrunscript" - Scripting Shell Command and Options
Using Functions as "Function" Objects
Introduction to Built-in Object Types
W3C's Document Object Model (DOM) Specifications
Full Version in PDF/EPUB