Lambda Expressions and Method References
This chapter provides tutorial notes on lambda expressions and method references introduced in Java 8. Topics include lambda expression syntax; method reference syntax; single abstract method interface (functional interface); using lambda expressions in stream pipeline operations.
These sections are omitted from this Web preview version. To view the full content,
see information on how to obtain the full version this book.
What Is Lambda Expression
LambdaCalculator.java - Lambda Expression Example
Lambda Expression Syntax Options
Lambda Expression as Method Reference
Method Reference Example - LambdaMethodRefernce.java
Lambda Expression Stream Pipeline Operations
- A functional interface is a single abstract method interface.
- A lambda expression is a shorthand form of a special anonymous class that implements a functional interface.
- A method expression is a shorthand form of a special lambda expression that a single invocation of a static method.
- The best places to use lambda expressions are in stream pipeline operations.
- Lambda expressions, method references and stream pipeline operations are introduced in Java 8.
Table of Contents
About This Book
JDK - Java Development Kit
Execution Process, Entry Point, Input and Output
Primitive Data Types and Literals
Control Flow Statements
Bits, Bytes, Bitwise and Shift Operations
Managing Bit Strings in Byte Arrays
Reference Data Types and Variables
Enum Types and Enum Constants
StringBuffer - The String Buffer Class
System Properties and Runtime Object Methods
Generic Classes and Parameterized Types
Generic Methods and Type Inference
►Lambda Expressions and Method References
Java Modules - Java Package Aggregation
Execution Threads and Multi-Threading Java Programs
ThreadGroup Class and "system" ThreadGroup Tree
Synchronization Technique and Synchronized Code Blocks
Deadlock Condition Example Programs
Garbage Collection and the gc() Method
Assert Statements and -ea" Option
Annotation Statements and Declarations
Java Related Terminologies
Full Version in PDF/EPUB