EL (Expression Language)
This chapter provides tutorial notes and example codes on EL (Expression Language). Topics include what is EL; expression types and usage; literal data and variables; EL operators; implicit objects; pageContext attributes.
These sections are omitted from this Web preview version. To view the full content,
see information on how to obtain the full version this book.
What is EL (Expression Language)
EL Expression Types and Usage
Literal Data and Named Variables
Basic Operators and Operations
Predefined Implicit Objects
Collection Elements and Object Properties
Expression Examples in Static Text
Expression Examples in Static Text - Result
EL Variables Are pageContext Attributes
- EL (Expression Language) is a Java technology that allows you to use simple expressions
to dynamically access data from JavaBeans components in Java based Web application like JSP pages.
- The current version of EL is 2.2. JSP containers supporting JSP 2.3 also support EL 2.2.
- EL expressions are allowed to be mixed with static text in JSP now.
- EL expressions are can be used in tag attributes who accepts expressions.
- EL implicit objects are not JSP scripting implicit objects.
- EL variables are pageContext attributes.
Table of Contents
About This Book
JSP (JavaServer Pages) Overview
Tomcat Installation on Windows Systems
JSP Scripting Elements
Java Servlet Introduction
JSP Implicit Objects
Syntax of JSP Pages and JSP Documents
JSP Application Session
Managing Cookies in JSP Pages
JavaBean Objects and "useBean" Action Elements
Managing HTTP Response Header Lines
Non-ASCII Characters Support in JSP Pages
Performance of JSP Pages
►EL (Expression Language)
Overview of JSTL (JSP Standard Tag Libraries)
JSTL Core Library
JSP Custom Tags
JSP Java Tag Interface
Custom Tag Attributes
Multiple Tags Working Together
File Upload Test Application
Full Version in PDF/EPUB