JDBC Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Outdated: Installing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
This section describes how to install Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.
Assuming that your system meets all the requirements listed on the MS SQL Server 2005 requirement page, Now follow this tutorial to install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition on your local machine.
1. Double click c:\temp\SQLEXPR.EXE. The setup window shows up.
2. Click Next to let the setup program to unpack all files from the downloaded file.
3. When unpack is down, the setup program will check all required programs on your system.
4. Then the setup program will start the installation process.
5. On the Authentication Mode window, click the radio button for Mixed Mode (Windows Authentication and SQL Server Authentication). And enter "HerongYang" in the "Specify the sa logon password below:" field.
6. Continue to finish the installation process.
When installation is done, run Windows Task Manager. You should see a process called sqlservr.exe running in the process list:
sqlservr.exe 00 1,316 K
Last update: 2007.
Table of Contents