JDBC Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
JDBC-ODBC - Creating DSN
This section describes how to create a DSN quick to test JDBC-ODBC Bridge.
The quickest way to test JDBC-ODBC Bridge is to create a DSN (Data Source Name) for a flat file, then use this DSN in the JDBC connection URL. Here is how I created a DSN to represent flat text files:
1. Run Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
2. Click the System DSN tab. Then click the Add button.
3. From the ODBC driver list, select Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt, *.csv), ODBCJT32.DLL, and click the Finish button.
4. Now fill in the DSN setup information as below:
Name: HY_DSN Description: DSN for a flat file Use Current Directory: checked
5. Click OK. My DSN "HY_DSN" is ready now.
Notice that I did not specify any specific file for the DSN.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents