tinyec - Python Library for ECC
This chapter provides tutorial notes on 'tinyec' Python library for ECC. Topics include installing 'tinyec'; creating ec.Curve objects, performing point addition and scalar multiplication.
What Is tinyec
Download and Install tinyec
Build New Curves with tinyec
Perform Point Addition with tinyec
Find Subgroup with Point Addition
Set Subgroup Order to Higher Value
- "tinyec" is a tiny Python library for ECC (Elliptic Curve Cryptography).
- "tinyec" is not suitable for production environment.
- You can verify if a point is on a curve or not with "tinyec".
But you can not list points on a curve.
- You can perform addition of two given points on a curve with "tinyec".
- You can perform scalar multiplication of a given point on a curve with "tinyec".
But you must set the subgroup order to a value greater than the group order.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Geometric Introduction to Elliptic Curves
Algebraic Introduction to Elliptic Curves
Abelian Group and Elliptic Curves
Discrete Logarithm Problem (DLP)
Generators and Cyclic Subgroups
Reduced Elliptic Curve Groups
Elliptic Curve Subgroups
►tinyec - Python Library for ECC
EC (Elliptic Curve) Key Pair
ECDH (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman) Key Exchange
ECDSA (Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm)
ECES (Elliptic Curve Encryption Scheme)
Full Version in PDF/EPUB