About This Book
This section provides some detailed information about this book - Computer History Notes - Herong's Tutorial Notes.
Title: Computer History Notes - Herong's Tutorial Notes
Author: Herong Yang -
Contact by email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version/Edition: v3.13, 2022
Number of pages: 148
This book is a collection of notes on computer history. Topics include:
1957: FORTRAN Language by IBM;
1970: UNIX OS by AT&T Bell Labs;
1971: FTP by Abhay Bhushan;
1972: C Language by Dennis Ritchie;
1976: vi Editor by Bill Joy;
1977: Apple II by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak;
1977: The Bourne Shell by Stephen Bourne;
1978: The C Shell by Bill Joy;
1983: 'Sendmail' by Eric Allman;
1984: Macintosh by Apple Inc.;
1984: X Window System by a MIT Team;
1991: WWW by Tim Berners-Lee;
1991: Gopher by a University of Minnesota Team;
1995: Java Developed by Sun Microsystems;
1995: PHP by Rasmus Lerdorf;
2002: .NET by Microsoft.
Updated in 2022 (Version v3.13) with minor changes.
FORTRAN, Java, UNIX, FTP, C, vi, Bourne Shell, C Shell, Bash, Tcsh, X Window System, Gopher, Macintosh, .NET, Apple, WWW.
- This book is under Copyright © 2003-2022 Herong Yang. All rights reserved.
- Material in this book may not be published, broadcasted, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
- Code examples are provided as-is, with no warranty of any kind.
- Version 3.13, 2022. Minor updates
- Version 3.00, 2012. Added .NET, PHP
- Version 2.00, 2007. Converted to hyPub format.
- Version 1.00, 2003. First edition.
Web version: https://www.herongyang.com/Computer-History -
Provides free sample chapters, latest updates and readers' comments.
The Web version of this book has been viewed a total of:
- 595,876 times as of December 2021.
- 553,764 times as of December 2020.
- 517,567 times as of December 2019.
- 486,398 times as of December 2018.
- 454,651 times as of December 2017.
- 417,928 times as of December 2016.
- 375,396 times as of December 2015.
- 315,252 times as of December 2014.
- 246,751 times as of December 2013.
- 181,801 times as of December 2012.
- 101,654 times as of December 2011.
- 48,178 times as of December 2010.
- 20,893 times as of December 2009.
PDF/EPUB version: https://www.herongyang.com/Computer-History/PDF-Full-Version.html -
Provides information on how to obtain the full version of this book in PDF, EPUB, or other format.
Table of Contents
►About This Book
2002 - .NET Framework Developed by Microsoft
1995 - PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor Created by Rasmus Lerdorf
1995 - Java Language Developed by Sun Microsystems
1991 - WWW (World Wide Web) Developed by Tim Berners-Lee
1991 - Gopher Protocol Created by a University of Minnesota Team
1984 - X Window System Developed a MIT Team
1984 - Macintosh Developed by Apple Inc.
1983 - "Sendmail" Mail Transfer Agent Developed by Eric Allman
1979 - The Tcsh (TENEX C Shell) Developed by Ken Greer
1978 - Bash (Bourne-Again Shell) Developed by Brian Fox
1978 - The C Shell Developed by Bill Joy
1977 - The Bourne Shell Developed by Stephen Bourne
1977 - Apple II Designed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
1976 - vi Text Editor Developed by Bill Joy
1974 - Internet by Vinton Cerf
1972 - C Language Developed by Dennis Ritchie
1971 - FTP Protocol Created by Abhay Bhushan
1970 - UNIX Operating System Developed by AT&T Bell Labs
1957 - FORTRAN Language Developed by IBM
Full Version in PDF/EPUB