Archived: Java SE 1.6 Update 2 Installation
This section describes how to install Java SE 1.6 Update 2.
To learn JDBC, you have to a copy of JDK (Java Development Kit) installed on your machine.
The latest version of JDK is JDK 6u2 (Java(TM) SE Development Kit 6 Update 2),
which is also called Java SE 6 (Java Standard Edition 6). Here is what I did
to download and install JDK 6u2 on my local machine.
- Open the Java SE Download page with this URL: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/.
- Click the download button next to "JDK 6u2".
You will see a new page with a list of different download files of JDK 6u2.
- Locate the "Windows Platform - Java(TM) SE Development Kit 6 Update 2" section.
- Click the hyper link of "Windows Offline Installation (build 06), Multi-language",
which links to jdk-6u2-windows-i586-p.exe with size of 65.57 MB.
- Save jdk-6u2-windows-i586-p.exe to a temporary directory.
- Double-click on jdk-6u2-windows-i586-p.exe to start the installation wizard.
- The installation wizard will guide you to finish the installation.
To test the installation, open a command window to try the java command.
If you are getting the following output, your installation was ok:
herong> \progra~1\java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin\java -version
java version "1.6.0_02"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_02-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0_02-b06, mixed mode,
Table of Contents
About This Book
JDBC (Java Database Connectivity) Introduction
JDK (Java SE) Installation
Oracle Express Edition Installation on Windows
Oracle JDBC Drivers
Oracle - Reference Implementation of JdbcRowSet
Oracle - PreparedStatement
Oracle - JBDC CallableStatement
Oracle CLOB (Character Large Object) - TEXT
Oracle BLOB (Binary Large Object) - BLOB
Archived: Downloading and Installing JDK on Windows
Archived: Java SE 8 Installation
►Archived: Java SE 1.6 Update 2 Installation
Archived: JDK 1.6 Documentation Installation
Archived: Oracle Database Express Edition (XE) Installation
Archived: Accessing Oracle Server through Web Interface
Archived: Creating Oracle Database Users
Archived: SQL*Plus - Oracle Command Line Interface
Archived: JDBC Thin Client-Side Driver Installation
Full Version in PDF/EPUB