XML Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 5.02, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing Notepad++ with XML Tools
This section provides a tutorial example on how to download and install Notepadd++ on Windows system; and how to add the XML Tools Plugin in Notepadd++.
Downloading and installing Notepad++ is easy. See steps below:
1. Go to https://notepad-plus-plus.org/, and click "Download". You see a list of Notepad++ versions and download options.
2. Click "Notepad++ Installer" to start downloading the installer file "npp.6.8.8.Installer.exe". Save it to the desktop.
3. Double-click "npp.6.8.8.Installer.exe" on the desktop. You see "Notepad++ v.6.8.8 Setup" window showing up.
4. Follow the setup instruction to finish installation.
5. Click "Start" button, then "All programs" > "Notepad++" > "Notepad++" to start the program.
"XML Tools Plugin" is not included in the default installation of Notepad++. You need to follow these steps to add it:
1. Run Notepad++ and click menu "Plugins" > "Plugin Manager" > "Show plugin manager" You see the "Plugin Manager" window showing up.
2. Find "XML Tools" in the "Available" list and make it checked. Then click "Install" to finish adding "XML Tools" to Notepad++.
3. Click menu "Plugins" > "XML Tools". You see a list of XML Tools commands showing up.
Now you are ready to play with the XML Tools Plugin in Notepad++.
Last update: 2016.
Table of Contents