PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Exporting a List of Root CA Certificates
This section provides a tutorial example on how to export a list of trusted root CA certificates with the certificates console on a Windows system.
The first thing I want to do with the certificates console created from the previous tutorial is to export a list of trusted CA certificates to a text file.
1. Click "Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > MyCertificatesConsole.msc". "MyCertificatesConsole" window shows up.
2. Open "Certificates (Local Computer) > Trusted Root Certification Authorities > Certificates" in the Console Root tree. A list of all certificates in "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store shows up. There are more than 65 certificates in the list:
3. Click "Export List" from the "Action" menu. The "Export List" dialog box shows up.
4. Select "\Herong" as the folder and enter "Trusted_Certificate_List.txt" as the file name.
5. Click "Save" button. A list of all trusted CA certificates is saved in \herong\Trusted_Certificate_List.txt now. as the file name.
Table of Contents