PKI Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v2.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Export Server Certificate to File from Safari
This section provides a tutorial example on how to export an HTTPS server certificate from Apple Safari to a certificate file on macOS computer.
In previous tutorials, I learned how to view an HTTPS server certificate and its certificate path. Now I want to learn how to save a Web server certificate to a certificate file on Safari.
1. Use Finder to open a folder where you want to store the certificate file on you macOS computer.
2. Open Safari side by side with the Finder window, and go to https://login.yahoo.com and wait for the log in page to be displayed.
3. Click the lock icon at the left side of the URL address area. The page security dialog box shows up.
4. Click the "Show Certificate" button. The server certificate summary shows up with a certificate icon.
5. Click, drag and drop the certificate icon to the folder in the Finder window.
The Web server certificate is exported from Safari and saved as a certificate file now.
Table of Contents