MySQL Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 4.20, by Dr. Herong Yang
Downloading and Installing MySQL
A tutorial example is provided on how to download and install MySQL 5.7.10 on a Windows system using MySQL Installer.
1. Go to http://dev.mysql.com/downloads and click on the "Community (GPL) Downloads" in the "MySQL Community Edition" section. The "MySQL Community Downloads" page shows up.
2. Click the "MySQL Community Server (GPL)" link. The "Download MySQL Community Server" page shows up.
3. Click the "Download" button next to "Windows (x86, 32-bit), MySQL Installer MSI". The "Download MySQL Installer" page shows up.
4. Click the "Download" button next to "Windows (x86, 32-bit), MSI Installer 5.7.10 371.7M (mysql-installer-community-220.127.116.11.msi)". "Begin Your Download - mysql-installer-community-18.104.22.168.msi" page shows.
5. Click the "No thanks, just start my download." link to skip the login process. The download process starts.
6. Save the downloaded file, mysql-installer-community-22.214.171.124.msi, to the \temp folder.
7. Double-click on mysql-installer-community-126.96.36.199.msi to start installation. Follow the installation instruction until you see the "MySQL Installer" window shows up.
8. Accept the term and condition and click the "Next" button to continue installation.
9. Select "Full" and click the "Next" button to continue installation.
10. Enter "TopSecret" as the administrator password and click the "Next" button to continue installation.
11. Follow instructions to finish the installation.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents