JDBC Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.01, by Dr. Herong Yang
JDBC-ODBC - Creating DSN for MS Access
This section describes how to create a DSN that connected to a MS Access database file.
In order to use the JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver, you need to create a DSN (Data Source Name) representing an ODBC connection to a particular database server. This tutorial will show you how to create DSN for a MS Access database file, assuming that it has been created on your local system as described in the previous tutorial.
1. On my Windows 7 system, run Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Data Sources (ODBC).
2. Click the System DSN tab. Then click the Add button.
3. From the ODBC driver list, select Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb), ODBCJT32.DLL, and click the Finish button.
4. Now fill in the DSN header information as below:
Name: HY_ACCESS Description: DSN for the HY_Access.mdb Select Database: HY_Access.mdb
5. Click OK. My DSN "HY_ACCESS" is ready now.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents