C# Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 3.30, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing .NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK
A tutorial example is provided on how to download and install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK, which can be used as the programming environment for C# language.
The best environment to do C# programming at this time is Microsoft's .NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK. It is freely available from Microsoft Web site. You can follow these steps to download and install .NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK:
1. Go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=619733. The "Targeting .NET Platforms" page shows up.
2. Click ".NET Framework 4.6.1 Targeting Pack" link. The "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Developer Pack" page shows up.
3. Click the "Download" button to start download.
4. Save the downloaded file to C:\temp\NDP461-DevPack-KB3105179-ENU.exe. The file size is about 90MB and contains .NET Framework 4.6.1, the .NET 4.6.1 Targeting Pack and the .NET 4.6.1 SDK.
5. Double-click on C:\temp\NDP461-DevPack-KB3105179-ENU.exe. The installation screen shows up. Follow the instuction on the screen to finish it.
6. Restart Windows system.
7. Go to "Control Panel > Programs and Features", I see 4 new programs installed:
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Targeting Pack Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Targeting Pack (EMU)
8. Open a command window and try the C Sharp compiler:
C:\herong>\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\csc.exe Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 4.6.1055.0 for C# 5 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. ... warning CS2008: No source files specified error CS1562: Outputs without source must have the /out option specified
Cool. .NET Framework 4.6.1 SDK is installed correctly. To avoid typing the full path name, you can put the following path in the PATH environment variable:
Note that C# compiler provided in .NET Framework 4.6.1 supports C# 5, not C# 6.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents