Perl Crypt::CFB Perl Module
Tutorial notes and example codes are provided on Crypt::CFB Perl module. Topics include introduction and installation of Crypt::CFB; Partial plaintext block handling; CFB operation mode simulation.
These sections are omitted from this Web preview version. To view the full content,
see information on how to obtain the full version this book.
What is Crypt::CFB
Installing Crypt::CFB 0.02 with ActivePerl
Crypt::CFB with Default IV
Crypt::CFB Not Requiring Padding
Crypt::CFB Operation Simulation
- Crypt::CFB is a Perl module that can be used to run Blowfish encryption in CFB mode.
- Crypt::CFB provides a default IV value of 0x0000000000000000, if IV is not specified by user.
- Crypt::CFB does not offer any padding options. It truncates the ciphertext correctly
to match the size of the plaintext block
- Crypt::CFB does not produce correct encryption result when used with Crypt::Blowfish,
it has a code logic issue of determining the Blowfish block size.
- Do not use Crypt::CFB with Crypt::Blowfish.
Table of Contents
About This Book
Blowfish Cipher Algorithm
Perl Crypt::Blowfish Module
Perl Crypt::ECB Perl Module
Perl Crypt::CBC Module
►Perl Crypt::CFB Perl Module
OpenSSL "enc -bf-ecb" for Blowfish/ECB Encryption
OpenSSL "enc -bf-cbc" for Blowfish/CBC Encryption
OpenSSL "enc -bf-cfb" for Blowfish/CFB Encryption
OpenSSL "enc -bf-ofb" for Blowfish/OFB Encryption
PHP Mcrypt Extension for Blowfish
Blowfish 8-Bit Cipher in PHP
Full Version in PDF/EPUB