Blowfish Cipher Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - Version 1.21, by Dr. Herong Yang
Installing Crypt::CFB 0.02 with ActivePerl
A tutorial is provided to show how to install Crypt-CFB 0.02 module, which can be used together with Crypt::Blowfish (installed previously) to encrypt plaintext of any size.
Once we know what is Crypt::CFB, we may want to get it installed and try it. Here what I did to install it with ActivePerl 5.18 on my Windows system:
1. Run "ppm", the Perl Package Manager.
2. Click menu View > All Packages, to see all packages.
3. Find "Crypt-CFB - 0.02", right-mouse click on it and select "Install..." command to mark it for installation.
4. Press "Ctrl-Enter" to run installation. Crypt-CFB - 0.02 will be downloaded and installed automatically.
5. Exit "ppm".
6. Enter a simple test script, Crypt-CFB-Blowfish-Hello.pl, with a text editor:
#- Crypt-CFB-Blowfish-Hello.pl use Crypt::CFB; $cipher = Crypt::CFB->new('my secret key', 'Crypt::Blowfish'); $ciphertext = $cipher->encrypt("This data is hush hush"); print unpack("H*", $ciphertext), "\n";
7. Run the test script in a command window:
C:\herong\blow_20150000\cod\perl>perl Crypt-CFB-Blowfish-Hello.pl UNIVERSAL->import is deprecated and will be removed in a future perl at C:/local/Perl/site/lib/Crypt/CFB.pm line 3. e9562ba5334a3fd6df38cab2120ecc2131b8cb09b7c4
Cool! I have correctly installed "Crypt-CFB 0.02", which is a Perl implementation of the CFB (Cipher FeedBack)) block cipher operation mode. It can be used together with Crypt::Blowfish (installed previously) to encrypt plaintext of any size. I can write more Perl scripts to play with Blowfish cipher in CFB mode now. See next tutorials.
Last update: 2015.
Table of Contents