Android Tutorials - Herong's Tutorial Examples - v3.03, by Herong Yang
Installing Adobe Reader APK File
This section provides a tutorial example on how to install the Adobe Reader APK file to the Android emulator using the 'adb' tool provided in the SDK package. Adobe Reader runs ok on the emulator. But it failed to show PDF files in the /sdcard/Download folder.
Let's repeat the process to download and install another APK file of Adobe Reader
1. Run the Android emulator through the AVD Manager and wait for the emulator to be fully booted.
2. Go to http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/adobe-reader and click "Download".
3. Click on " Adobe Reader 10.0.0" in the "Download" section and save the downloaded file to C:\download\Adobe_Reader_9.0.2.apk.
4. Install Adobe_Reader_9.0.2.apk to the Android emulator using the "adb" tool:
C:\local\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools>adb install \ \download\Adobe_Reader_10.0.0.apk 1003 KB/s (1565975 bytes in 1.524s) pkg: /data/local/tmp/Adobe_Reader_9.0.2.apk Success
5. Go to Android emulator and click the "Applications" icon. The "Adobe Reader" application is listed in the application list.
6. Click on "Adobe Reader" in the application list to run the application, and click "Agree" on the End User License Agreement. "Adobe Reader" will show up with no PDF files listed.
7. Click "herong_book_Android.pdf" to view the content. My PDF book will be displayed on the Android PDF Viewer:
I don't know what is the problem. I do have "herong_book_Android.pdf" listed in the /sdcard/Download folder. On Android 4.0.3, Adobe Reader was able to see PDF files in the /sdcard/Download folder.
Table of Contents